Morningstar TS-MPPT-60-600V-48 60A 600V charge controller
TriStar MPPT 600V Charge Controllers
The TS-MPPT-600V leverages Morningstar's TrakStar MPPT technology and 20 years of power electronics engineering excellence to deliver a PV controller with the widest PV input operating voltage range in the solar industry.
Morningstar’s advanced TrakStar MPPT technology helps to harvest the maximum energy from the solar array or wind turbine. The high-speed sweeping algorithm minimizes power loss and provides full visibility of the entire power curve from open circuit to battery voltage; ensuring the maximum power point is chosen under all ambient conditions.
Morningstar’s TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller is available with and without a DC Disconnect Box. Model TS-MPPT-60-600V-48-DB includes a compact on-board DC Disconnect Box, which helps to save on installation time and cost. The DC Disconnect Box enables the TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller to be used in either positively-grounded or negatively-grounded PV systems.
- Wide array input operating voltage range (100-525 V)
- Maximum 60A continuous battery current
- Supports nominal 48 Vdc batteries
- Passively cooled for high reliability
- Remote Temperature Sensor included (standard on both models)
- Facilitates simple and cost-effective design (including savings on wiring and labor costs)
- Advanced 4-stage charging algorithm optimizes battery health
- Enables use of existing high voltage PV or small wind turbines for battery charging
- Uses reliable, pre-established industry standard open communication protocols and true Ethernet-enabled functionality to help reduce operational costs and to increase integration efficiencies.
- Certifications: CE, RoHS and REACH Compliant; ETL Listed [UL-1741 and Canadian CSA C22.2 No. 107.1.01]; Manufactured in a Certified ISO 9001 Facility
- 5 year Warranty
- Off-grid PV systems greater than 150 Voc with long wire runs from the array to the controller
- New installation grid-tie PV systems with battery back-up
- Retrofitting string PV inverter systems to later add battery back-up without changing the PV array configuration
- Battery-based Wind systems (**Coming soon- for larger off grid wind turbines (up to 15kWp) – up to 4 controllers in parallel on a single turbine)
Charge Controller Type
Battery voltage nominal
Maximum charging current
Maximum open circuit voltage
Lead acid (Flooded/gel/AGM)
Class 1 Div 2
Min. operating temperature
Dimensions (l x w x h)
15.4” x 8.7” x 5.9”
Weight (Shipping weight)