Morningstar RD-1 Relay Driver
Morningstar Relay Driver (RD-1)
Morningstar's RelayDriver™ is a cost-effective logic module that provides high-level system control functions including high/low voltage alarms, load control, temperature control, auxiliary AC backup charge control, and generator start. The RD-1 controls 4 independent relay driver outputs by reading digital data inputs from the renewable energy system's charge controller.
When used in a system with a Morningstar TriStar charge controller, the RD-1 Relay Driver can accept the following inputs: battery voltage, charge/load current, battery temperature, TriStar heat sink temperature, PWM duty cycle, PV/load voltage, and all TriStar alarms or faults.
When used in a system with a different kind of charge controller, the RD-1 can accept these inputs: battery voltage, Relay Driver temperature, and input voltages from other sources.
- Four channels for up to four high-level system control functions
- Each channel has complete electronic protection for high reliability (reverse polarity, short-circuit, overcurrent, and lightning/transient surge protection)
- Fully programmable through the included PC software
- Pre-programmed with four commonly used settings
- Advanced generator control provides flexible parameters to control one- two- or three-wire generator schemes and complete control of preheat, crank, ignition, and cooldown
- LED indicators display power and status of each channel as well as faults and data sampling intervals
- Mounts to a DIN rail or flat surface
- 5-year warranty