Morningstar EMC-1 Ethernet Meterbus Converter
Ethernet Meterbus Converter™ EMC-1
The Ethernet MeterBus Converter (model: EMC-1) provides the data and communications connection for Morningstar devices, between themselves, with surrounding systems, and with the outside environment through the internet. It’s simple to connect to any Morningstar product equipped with an RJ-11 Meterbus port (see the list of products at the table inside) to enable remote monitoring, custom programming, and access to future cloud-based data services.
Protocols and technologies supported by the EMC include:
• HTTP for LiveView: a simple and straightforward web dashboard for checking system status easily from any device browser
• SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol): provides more detailed monitoring of all system data with existing IT management architecture
• MODBUS Industrial Control: provides high-speed monitoring and control for industrial equipment
Compatible Morningstar products include:
• MPPT controllers: TriStar MPPT, ProStar MPPT, and SunSaver MPPT
• PWM controllers: TriStar, ProStar (Gen3) and SunSaver Duo
• Inverters: SureSine
• Inverter/charger: MultiWave (future release)
The EMC-1 converts this connection into a fully enabled Ethernet port allowing data transfer to the internet.
Once connected, the MeterBus port enables transmission of serial data to the EMC-1 for remote monitoring, configuration, and control, using any type of IP-based network connection. This way, many new, powerful integration options for Morningstar products can be activated and used in remote power systems.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Adds SNMP to deliver real-time system data
• Enables Live View to display system status and log data directly from the EMC, in an easy-to-view webpage
• Adds IP-based MODBUS connectivity for remote industrial communication and control
• Connects to any MeterBus-enabled controller to provide enhanced data and network features
• Powered via MeterBus port on controller or DC Input for 12, 24 or 48V systems