Bue Sky Energy IPN PRO REMOTE System Controller/Display
Blue Sky Energy
Integrated Power Net™
IPN - ProRemote
Full-Featured Battery Monitor - And - IPN Charge Controller Display / Setup / Control
- Monitors up to 8 IPN Network Based Charge Controllers
- Total input/output current
- Individual controller input/output current, PV voltage and internal temperature
- Resetable total output amp-hour counter
- LVD status or auxiliary battery voltage
- Equalize ON/OFF control and time remaining
- Provides access to additional setup parameters, which vary by IPN charge controller model
- Provides Complete Full Featured Battery Monitoring
- Battery voltage, net current and temperature*
- Remaining battery capacity shown in percent& as a bargraph
- Amp-hours from full charge
- Days since last full charge & last equalize
- Captures minimum & maximum battery voltage
- Lifetime battery discharge amp-hours
- 2-Line 16-Character Backlit Display & Plain English Language Text For Ease Of Use
- Conformal Coated To Resist Corrosion
- Full 24 Month Limited Warranty, Optional Extended Coverage Available
IPN-ProRemote Display Combines Full-Featured Charge Controller and Battery System Monitoring
The IPN-ProRemote combines full-featured charge controller monitoring and battery system monitoring into a single user friendly remote display. A bright crisp backlit LCD display with plain English language text and three simple front panel keys is extremely easy to use.
With the IPN-ProRemote you no longer have to guess how much battery capacity remains. A high accuracy calculation of remaining battery capacity compensates for a variety of factors including charge/discharge current, battery size, type, temperature* and how the battery was brought back to full charge. It even learns from past battery behavior to continuously improve accuracy!
The IPN-ProRemote also monitors and controls Blue Sky Energy’s IPN based charge controllers. It can monitor both the combined total and individual status of up to eight IPN charge controllers on a single IPN network. Depending on the particular charge controller model, certain additional parameters or settings can be accessed or modified with the IPN-ProRemote.
By combining an advanced battery system monitor and charge controller display into a single unit, the IPNProRemote eliminates the need for a separate battery monitor. It also simplifies installation and eliminates the headaches of trying to setup and synchronize separate charge controller and battery monitor systems.
What Is The IPN™ Network?
The Integrated Power Net™, or IPN network is a simple yet robust digital network which allows Blue Sky Energy’s IPN compatible products to communicate with each other and work together. It is based on the RS-485 communication standard which is commonly used in harsh industrial environments.
Without the IPN network multiple charge controllers charging a common battery would operate as separate machines, each with their own charge parameters, display, temperature sensor and so on. While IPN compatible charge controllers work quite well alone, when multiple IPN controllers are combined they no longer behave as separate machines. They work together and operate as a single machine. Up to 8 IPN compatible controllers can reside on a single network. No special communication hardware is required. There is simply a twisted pair cable daisy chained controller-to-controller. One controller is considered to be the master and the others are slaves. Charge parameters are set only in the master, and the slaves automatically take on these settings and work with the master to behave as a single machine. They can also share a common battery temperature sensor and display, either the IPN-Pro Remote or the very low cost IPN-Remote.